First Attempt using layers and masks in Capture One

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Aperturepreferred Regular Member • Posts: 423
First Attempt using layers and masks in Capture One

I'm a long time user of Capture One Pro ( v3.7 to v11.2). It's the only software I have and I normally use the basic adjustments only. I never tried the Layers function. However I posted the first Image below in a different Forum and stated how I wished I could eliminate some of the branches. One of the forum members re-posted the image a short time later with all the branches except the one the bird was standing on eliminated. He used Aperture.  I was very impressed and I was determined to accomplish the same. It took me a few hours and a lot of trial and error but I finally got the hang of the Layers function. It's rather crude and somewhat tedious and not as sophisticated as Photoshop I imagine but I did end up with the result I was after. I had to use 8 Healing layers and 1 Clone layer.

This is probably old-hat and basic to a lot of the members here but I'm pretty happy that I learned how to do this. The Capture One Video Tutorials were a great help!

-- hide signature --

"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and skill"
http://www.malrobertsonphotography.com/

Aperturepreferred's gear list:Aperturepreferred's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +6 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow