Is My "New" Fuji X-H1 A B&H Returned Item?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Joseph T Lewis III Veteran Member • Posts: 3,455
Is My "New" Fuji X-H1 A B&H Returned Item?

When I took my supposedly new X-H1 out of the box for the very first time, I noticed a very faint smear on the LCD screen. There was no protective film over it, or over the LCD on the top plate.

When I turned the camera on for the first time, it did not prompt me for the preferred language, date, or time as the manual indicated it would. It just sat there ready to take photos.

The time zone was already set to one hour different from mine (Eastern Daylight Time, vs CDT).

It did not ask me about pairing with any Bluetooth devices. However, when I went into the Connections menu, it indicated the camera was paired with iPhone 5218.

The camera lever at the bottom front left was in manual focus mode.  The shooting mode was "movie".

When I took a few test shots, the file names were 999-9510 thru 999-9514.

Does this sound normal (e.g., did B&H do some sort of testing before mailing the camera), or did I get someone's returned camera? I wouldn't mind if someone simply changed their mind and returned a camera without using it, but in particular I'm concerned about the file name showing "9510". Could someone have taken almost 10,000 pics with this camera, and then returned it?

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Tom

Joseph T Lewis III's gear list:Joseph T Lewis III's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 X Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +5 more
Fujifilm X-H1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow