Interesting image comparison: X-T3 vs X-T100 IQ (X-Trans vs Bayer?)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mkdarkroom
mkdarkroom Junior Member • Posts: 40
Interesting image comparison: X-T3 vs X-T100 IQ (X-Trans vs Bayer?)

While I don't own X-T3 yet (still on X-T1, waiting to see how X-H2 will turn out), I am curious about X-T3's reviews and real life IQ.

I've stumbled on Imaging Resource's Image Comparometer (https://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM ) and checked X-T3 vs X-T100 IQ with Still-life scene photos up to ISO3200.
I was surprised to see that X-T100 has clearly more details in lower ISO ranges and much punchier colors (easy to spot when both images are zoomed out fully) in all ISOs up to 3200 (I didn't bother to check above 3200).

XT3s higher ISO ranges have slight advantage in looking more natural with film like grain, though.
Anyway, seems like IQ, colors and details on X-T100 easily outclass all current X-trans Fuji cameras in real life in lower ISOs judging from this.
I would love to see Fuji experimenting more with Bayer type of CF and make more sophisticated and faster Bayer based cameras with better handling and AF.
I just wanted to share my thoughts about this finding as it really caught me surprised, especially regarding color fidelity and details in that scene (pay attention on details on clothes and bottles).

Cheers

mkdarkroom's gear list:mkdarkroom's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +7 more
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow