I need to talk about IBIS

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Old Timer63
Old Timer63 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,615
I need to talk about IBIS

I used to be right up there as far as the ins and outs of how things work ( I was an engineer and needed always to know what was happening in things I worked on) Of late and getting older things don`t seem quite so important but of course things occur that need answering.

So, I think I`m seeing a slight drop off in biting sharpness when using my XH1 with my lenses. I know that the sensor has to move to counteract my movements or camera shake if you like. Am I taking for granted that the XH1 has IBIS and maybe not being as careful or is the sensor on the go all the time and it can either be still or still counteracting movement as the shutter is fired. I would think that there must come a time when the IBIS stops (maybe just very close to the shutter firing but don`t know.) Tripod shots seem more or less how I would expect them to be, my hands are still quite steady, I have no shakes etc. I seem to be noticing it more with my primes (non OIS lenses) which in practise should be allowing the XH1 to give it full IBIS and smooth things out to a certain degree.

When I use the XT2 (perhaps because it doesn`t have IS)and maybe because I`m more careful the images appear to be more normal.

So, how does IBIS stack up against OIS?

Thanks for sharing your findings or any technical notes you can through in the mix

Dave

PS. The images are still sharp and I can easily use them but these Fuji lenses are just so good that I can tell when they are 90% rather 100%

-- hide signature --

I feel so much better now that I've given up Hope

Old Timer63's gear list:Old Timer63's gear list
Fujifilm X-T10 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
JNR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow