Complete Batis Line, or 55m 1.8?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
courboy New Member • Posts: 10
Complete Batis Line, or 55m 1.8?

Hi

So my current lens lineup with my A73 is: Batis 25mm f2, Sony Zeiss 55mm 1.8, and Batis 135 f2.8. I recently added the Batis 135mm, and used all three over a trip this weekend. I don't like zooms so want to stay with primes (at least for now--!). I'm an amateur photographer, but will be upping my game a bit more over the next 12 months, and I have no desire to do wedding photography right now.

I love how the Batis lenses render and I don't know what it is specifically [micro-contrast | pop | any other suitable adjective], but I really miss that something "special" in the 55mm 1.8. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing lens, and I love how compact it is. But it doesn't quite render the way the other two Batis lenses do.

So I guess I'm looking for opinions:

1) Am I being crazy? I can't seem to recreate the same feel with the 55mm in PP

2) Do you think the new Batis 40mm would be a suitable replacement for the 55m? I appreciate it's a very different focal length however, I do a lot of street shooting so that might not matter so much

3) Does the 50mm f1.4 get nearer to the rendering of the other two I already have?

Appreciate your views in advance, and I know it's difficult to guess what the Batis 40mm will be like as it isn't currently out until November.

Thanks in advance

courboy's gear list:courboy's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 25mm F2
Zeiss Batis 25mm F2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow