Ageing D750-shooter Seeks Lightweight Safari Camera!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stevevp Regular Member • Posts: 207
Ageing D750-shooter Seeks Lightweight Safari Camera!

I have been a keen amateur photographer for the last 50+ years harking back to my parents’ Box Brownie. Currently I use a Nikon D750 with the excellent 24-120mm kit lens which meets most of my travel needs. However, with age and a bad shoulder I find the combination increasingly heavy to cart around.

Early next year I will be in Sri Lanka for a couple of weeks (birds and wildlife) and later in the year Botswana for a safari. I had originally intended buying a 28-300mm lens for my D750 which adds little weight over the 24-120mm but I will still be carting round 1.5kgs. I am now seriously considering a 4/3 option and would be grateful for some advice.

An Olympus E-M5 Mark II with a 40-150mm f4 lens (non-PRO) reduces the weight by about 50% but I am aware that there are other options eg Sony.

Could anyone who has been in a similar situation please advise what they ended up with.

Many thanks.

stevevp's gear list:stevevp's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow