Just got an Alpha 7 (Dynax 7)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SQLGuy Veteran Member • Posts: 6,311
Just got an Alpha 7 (Dynax 7)

Finally got my Alpha 7 today. Took about a month to arrive from Japan.

It's a really nice camera! I never had anything like it back when I was shooting film normally. It's actually got 32 pages of custom settings you can modify using the back LCD... things like whether A mode means Auto (AF-C/AF-S) or DMF. That simulated STF mode looks interesting as well.

AF seems about the same as the A900. Same 9 points, similar viewfinder layout, similar speed.

Can't wait to run some film through it.

Is anyone familiar with the difference between the two MF modes it offers? There's a default mode, and one that you enter by pressing the lens release and AF button while in MF already. The latter is supposed to make MF feel "lighter" with teleconverters and such... They don't really describe more about this. I'm thinking that maybe the default mode still has some of the AF gear train coupled, and the special mode disconnects further?

-- hide signature --

A7R2 with SEL2470Z and a number of adapted lenses (Canon FD, Minolta AF, Canon EF, Leica, Nikon...); NEX-7 converted to IR.

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Nikon D200 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha NEX-7 NEX-5T +13 more
Sony Alpha DSLR-A900
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow