On search of a biz *and* camera bag

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BigMacIain
BigMacIain Regular Member • Posts: 426
On search of a biz *and* camera bag

Yes, it's yet another bag thread (YABT). I've googled and hunted through other threads before asking this but can't find anything that answers my question.

I travel for business every week. I don't want to check a bag and my clothes go into a regulation-size carry-on case that goes into the overhead. So, I need something that will meet my business travel needs but will also accommodate my Olympus gear and can go under the seat.

At the moment I have a Tumi messenger bag that will accommodate my regular biz travel items: MacBook, iPad, Kindle (or a real book), headphones case, two notebooks, portable hard drive, MacBook & iMac power supplies and cables. I can stuff in my EM5 and 12-40 and one other lens and then the bag becomes bulky, unwieldy and the flap won't close securely.

Once I'm at the hotel, I can leave most of my non-camera gear in my room and I have load of space in the bag but almost no camera gear with me.  Then when I go out shooting with what I've brought, I'm always missing one of the lenses I didn't bring with me.

So, I'm looking for something that will first the needs of the serious business traveller and the enthusiast shooter in a single bag or pack. I can't be the only one, so... suggestions, please?

-- hide signature --

"If it's not fun, why do it?” - Jerry Greenfield

BigMacIain's gear list:BigMacIain's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow