Building a new Pc, do I need a workstation gpu?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BJozi New Member • Posts: 6
Building a new Pc, do I need a workstation gpu?

I recently got myself a Dell UP2716D (as well as i1 calibrator) wide gamut monitor to take advantage of using aRGB while editing and printing photo's.

I'm currently specing up a new pc and considering if there is a benefit to getting a AMD Wx 3100 workstation gpu or stick with a Nvidia 1050Ti gaming gpu, the former being capable of outputting 10Bit.

Photogrpahy is only a hobby to me and my partner, I wanted the monitor so I could make better judgement on my editing and because we started printing albums recently as well as printing more photo's I've shot over time.

I will also be using the pc for occasional Revit modelling but I don't believe Revit (excluding rendering) or Lightroom (not sure about C1) really stress a gpu to much?

My question is, should I go with the AMD workstation card and get the most out of my whole pc/monitor setup or just go with the 1050ti? Both are priced similarly, I'm not sure will I experience any performance hit with the WX3100 over the 1050ti?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow