16-85 is this normal for this lens.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
skutters Contributing Member • Posts: 581
16-85 is this normal for this lens.

Hi,

I have been looking to buy a landscape lens for my D7200 for a while I was thinking I would have to get the 16-80 but with it being expensive I have been doing a lot of research on both the 16-80 and the 16-85.  Most people seemed to be of the opinion that for Landscape work as long as you shoot at f8 there would be little difference between the two lenses.

So I went for a used 16-85 in mint condition at £214 this seemed like a pretty cheap lens considering all the reviews I read say it is a sharp lens.  Well I have been out with it and to say I am disappointed with it is a understatement the images look rubbish certainly on the sides, here is an example it is just about acceptable in the centre but the left hand side is totally not sharp and the right hand side doesn't look great either.

Have I been mislead about this lens or have I got a lemon.

Regards Kev.

skutters's gear list:skutters's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +4 more
Nikon D7200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow