What I see theese days...

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
flektogon
flektogon Veteran Member • Posts: 3,028
What I see theese days...

I told myself that enough is enough, but I could not resist to show you those two pictures. One is taken with the K-S1 equipped with my latest acquired lens, the Pentax-A 35-105/3.5. The other one was taken with my "old" Pentax DA 35/2.8 Macro Ltd. mounted on my latest Pentax KP body. As they are shown resized (1800 x 1200), you will not see much different IQ. But in the full size (both are around 11MB JPEG images) there is clearly seen higher IQ delivered by the latter combo. Is it due to a better KP sensor, or better lens? I am not sure, but maybe both contributed. I still love the K-S1 an especially the Pentax-A lens, but for getting the best IQ I shall grab the KP. The other thing I noticed is that I can't squeeze more IQ when shooting RAW. Not only from the KP, which allegedly has far improved JPEG engine, but from the K-S1 as well. Actually the JPEGs from K-S1 are far better balanced from the contrast and dynamic range point of view, than if taken as RAW. Is it possible that the Brightness/Shadow compensation (which I keep in AUTO) works only for JPEGs? If yes, then this would be the explanation. Btw. both cameras are set to shoot JPEGs in the Bright mode with the default parameter settings except the "sharpness", which is set to 0 and instead the Fine (Extra Fine) Sharpness I set to +1.

Thanks for looking and replaying with your comments.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Peter

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Pentax KP Pentax K-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow