Fuji X-T3 - significant glitch/lock up

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mick92627 Junior Member • Posts: 35
Fuji X-T3 - significant glitch/lock up

Last night, while taking some photos of friends at dinner, the camera froze. It would not shoot. The image on the LCD was there but when I raised the camera to my eye, the EVF was just black with the LCD still displaying the image. So the eye sensor was not working either and the shutter would shoot no photos. Then I noticed that the image on the LCD was not live nor updating as I moved the camera around.

At that point the camera was a brick.

Of course, all this occurred during a group photo and there was much merriment made about my sub-par gear.

I had been in burst mode and I thought, maybe it's writing to the card but there were no blinking lights on the handle as I would have expected if the camera were saving images to the SD card.

After a minute or so, I tried to turn it off but even that was not working. So I set it down and and counted out 3 minutes on my watch. No change. Then I took the battery out and put it back in and that did the trick. It went back to apparently normal operation.

But later on, looking at the images I took before the glitch occurred, the RAWS all show as different shades of purple on Capture One. I have attached a JPEG from one of the afflicted RAWS here. The RAWS from after the glitch and battery-pull look normal.

Has any anyone seen this kind of behavior on this camera? I know it's still very new and Fuji is good about software updates, but imagine if that had happened when I was on an important shoot.

I have been so over the moon about this camera and now a tiny sliver of doubt has crept in to disturb my reverie.

Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
C41
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow