Noisy woodlands images

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mark Levine Forum Member • Posts: 85
Noisy woodlands images

I shoot birds and wildlife with an a6300 and FE 70-300. In the wide open on sunny days, I get stunning results but I spend a lot of my time in the woods where the images show a lot of color noise and a fair bit of luminescence noise. I’ve come to fear that an FE-mounted lens was the wrong choice.

My working theory is that the lens is functionally slower because so much light is missing the APS-C sensor. I’ve looked for a speed booster that condenses the FF image onto a cropped sensor but that would affect the reach of the lens, which is why I choose the a6300 in the first place. Also I cannot find an FE to E booster to check if it would address my problem .

l’m thinking of going back to the 55-210 kit lens with Olympus screw-on tele-converter — that’s how frustrated I am! Any suggestions, including adjustments to settings that might help.

Sony a6300 Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow