would someone like to help me with these peregrine BIF's ?

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rod Herdman Senior Member • Posts: 2,787
would someone like to help me with these peregrine BIF's ?

Hi all

By chance a peregrine flew over our house carrying a pigeon, luckily this happened whilst I was in the garden with my Sigma 135-400 fitted on my K5ii-S.

So the photos aren't going to win competitions but I want to get the best out of these shots that I can as such an opportunity comes along so rarely.

I've PP'd with Silkypix within the limits of what I'm comfortable with. The original JPG and my cropped PP'd versions of 2 of the best shots are below. I wondered if anyone fancied having a crack at some PP and seeing if they can get anything significantly better than me since I wouldn't consider myself an expert in the PP stakes (I have RAW files available (PEF) too but since they're 20Mb apiece I haven't uploaded them).

Please post your new versions in a reply, and some info on how you PP'd them would be nice . . . .

I thank you for your time to look, and for those who have a crack at these, thank you in advance, I'm looking forward to seeing if much more can be teased out of these . . .

Rod

First shot

my cropped and processed version

Second shot

my cropped and processed version

-- hide signature --

All I want is a digital back for my trusty K1000 . . .

Rod Herdman's gear list:Rod Herdman's gear list
Pentax *ist D Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow