GAS cured?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Hans vdC
Hans vdC Veteran Member • Posts: 3,334
GAS cured?

Not a chance, but I have to admit that maybe I'm getting older or wiser or whatever, but compared to my 'old' self, GAS is getting me less and less. Of course, I'm always triggered by new stuff and having the means to buy them right away isn't exactly helpful in keeping myself at bay. And still this seems to change.

Example: got myself the Sony A7III a few weeks back, thinking it might be a fantastic upgrade for my XT2. It's a fantastic camera, but to be honest I really have to admit that I frankly don't quite 'need' it. Want sure, but not need.

Same goes for lenses, planning a trip to Barcelona in a few days and my GAS immediately triggered me to look for a wide angle prime, thinking I'd "need" to take the A7III. I don't have a real wide-option for either camera system I use and after some nice tips though to myself... "Do you "need" a wide angle?". Sure it would be nice to have one, but do I really want to spend some more money for some extra nice shots? Nope, the 18-55 I have or the Tamron 28-75 will do just fine. Not the "best" tool for the job, but I don't think my trip let alone my life will be 'less' when I don't take a wide angle.

And today got offered a nice amount for my XT2, immediately reserved an XT3 at my local shop...only to start thinking "do I really need it?". Yeah I would love better face AF, faster AF etc but again, will this get me a lot of better pics ? I don't hink so. So nah, I'll pass for now.

So maybe I'm getting wiser... Who knows ... Until the next great thing comes along!

Hans vdC's gear list:Hans vdC's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Fujifilm X-T2 Sony a7 III Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +5 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow