Struggling with color grading of Sony α7 III...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
hud80 New Member • Posts: 5
Re: Struggling with color grading of Sony α7 III...

I have the same problem as you, greenish-greyish faces all the time... Tried LR, C1 and DXO. Out of these three LR with Huelight profiles seems to work best for me without additional processing, and LR Adobe profiles are the worst ones (not even considering them here). The latest Huelight v172 Standard+ is what I like most. However, it does not work in all situations, and orange (e.g. fire) seems very off and unnaturally red in it. DXO profile seems oversaturated and too contrast and C1 profile is bit flat comparing to LR Huelight, somewhat resembling Adobe Color. My monitor is calibrated with i1Display Pro.

The three examples are LR Huelight v172 Stanard+, C1 Sony A7III and DXO Sony A7III profiles, photos without any additional corrections (including vignetting), just to compare colors from different software.

After coming from Canon I find it very hard to make colors acceptable, and I do not want to spend 10 minutes correcting the colors of each photo, when on Canon I liked it sooc. Thinking to go back to Canon, unfortunately they do not have Sony a7iii equivalent, but I was happier with my old and "dumb" 6D rather than my new alpha toy... or may be I should start taking photos in b/w only...

C1

DXO

LR Huelight v172 Standard+

C1

DXO

LR Huelight v172 Standard+

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow