One in a million Nikkor f1.4 Fast Fifty on my first Oly

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Humansvillian
Humansvillian Senior Member • Posts: 1,715
One in a million Nikkor f1.4 Fast Fifty on my first Oly

It's been raining this weekend, and I've been cleaning the garage and found my first legacy Nikkor f1.4 lens that my friend who owns a pawn shop sold me for so little money I've forgotten what the entire camera bag full of lenses cost. Maybe he sold me the nice camera bag and threw in the old lenses, I can't remember exactly.

But among the many jewels in that nice camera bag chock full of old Nikon glass, one of my favorites is one of over one million Nikkor Fast Fifty Non Ai lenses made from 1962 through 1977.

Standard news camera normal lens during the Apollo Space Program Era

Since Nikon made over a million F mount Fast Fifty f1.4 lenses they are cheap as paperweights today, and will last for centuries.

And while my same friend who owns a pawnshop sold me a cheap Nikon D5200 that I could adapt those old cheap Nikkor lenses to work on, the easiest way to use an non updated old Non AI F mount Nikon legacy lens is just to buy any Olympus brand camera with IBIS that takes brand new Olympus lenses, and a cheap Nikon mount adapter for ten bucks from China, and get to having fun taking pictures with your old Nikon glass.

Portrait of a Wild Lady Lily at f.4

Portrait of a Cherub sleeping under Rachel's Wings using f.1.4

If you have an Oly PL1 and an cheap adapter and a Nikkor Fast Fifty, you have a great portrait set up still in current times, , for night or day.

The IBIS on the brand new and latest Olympus cameras is only limited by the rotation of the earth, but the IBIS on the PL1's and later Olys Guy Parsons showed us how to use, ain't so bad even yet.

Have you looked in your camera bags lately, for old legacy Nikon glass for your Oly?

I feel just like a kid under the Christmas tree, every time I go through my old camera stuff.

-- hide signature --

Humansville is a town in the Missouri Ozarks

Humansvillian's gear list:Humansvillian's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 +33 more
Nikon D5200 Olympus PEN E-PL1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow