Canon T7i cr2 files and Win 10

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
cdmazoff
cdmazoff Contributing Member • Posts: 782
Re: Canon T7i cr2 files and Win 10

pic2pic wrote:

I got a new T7i at the first of the year (love it by the way) and am just now trying to open the raw files in WIN 10. Windows 10 will not open these raw files. It opens the Canon Sl1 files just fine but will not with my new camera. I have tried downloading some fixes after doing research and get messages that these downloads do not apply to my computer. Has anyone run into this and do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance Stelle

Have you installed Canon's Digital Photography Professional 4. 8. 30.0?  It's  free and is Canon's  RAW editor..  I use it with my t7i CR2 files on my Win7.  BTW: the CR2 thumbnails don't display in Windows explorer.. so I downloaded the free FastStone Image Viewer to preview my CR2 files which I then open and edit in DPP, export as 8-bit TIFFs and then polish off in Photoshop

CD

-- hide signature --

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cdmazoff/
When I'm not playing birds, I'm shooting my accordion....or is it the other way around?

cdmazoff's gear list:cdmazoff's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T7i Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow