LG 34WK95U 34" 5k monitor appears to be starting to ship

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
yodermk Senior Member • Posts: 1,332
LG 34WK95U 34" 5k monitor appears to be starting to ship

So I've been obsessed with this monitor all year since hearing of its announcement, due to my desire to watch my DCI 4k videos from the 5D Mark IV at 1:1. The only other reasonable option for that would be a 27" 5K monitor, but since that has more than 2160 vertical pixels, there would be a large black ring around the entire video. Plus, this is a lot bigger and has exactly 2160 vertical pixels, so there will be black space only on the ends.

Waiting for it has been an exercise in frustration, to say the least. The only one to give estimated ship dates was B&H, who first said May, then June, then July, then "end of August", then September, then ... January 1, 2019. I'm guessing they were tired of getting peoples' hopes up so just put the stated date as way past what it actually would be. Then, in mid September, they updated it to October 11, 2018! That was specific enough that I really got my hopes up. It continued to stay with that date until mid-day on October 10, when it disappeared and it now just says "coming soon".  Aaargh!

However, Micro Center does appear to have some in stock now, so they're apparently getting out. Also Newegg lists it as a product, which they had not until the last few days.

I do have a question for those who have watched monitor prices. This thing retails for $1500 now, which is admittedly pretty steep. I'll probably pay that if I have to, but any thoughts on if it is likely to be discounted anytime soon? I can wait a bit longer if it would mean a big savings from that. Thanks!

-- hide signature --

If it's a *Single* Lens Reflex, why do I need so many lenses?

yodermk's gear list:yodermk's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow