Worth getting the X100 now?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
jjz2 Contributing Member • Posts: 538
Re: Worth getting the X100 now?

Not sure what you are trying to get out of this "test." ... The cheapest way to do it would be to join some local photo group or photo walk and ask to try it out. Or, just rent one for a few days. Either way you aren't stuck with one and don't have to worry about trying to resell it.

Like others have said, yes the X100 is a good camera, but it won't tell you anything about the rest of the lineup...

As for the photos produced you see wherever you are looking online, I personally think the images are better b/c fujis are generally designed better for photographers who know how to use full manual controls. Where as most crop aps-c dslr bodies etc have a more mass market appeal. It tends to attract a slightly more serious photographer in the first place, hence better images. In other words, I don't think many people are jumping into the world of digital photography with a Fuji X camera.

I mean the colors are a tad better, but it shouldn't be drastic to what another aps-c body can put out with similar lens.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow