Leica CL - Southern Utah

Started 4 days ago | Photos thread
OP Jay OC Regular Member • Posts: 377
Re: Leica CL - Southern Utah

bosjohn21 wrote:

lovely set well done problem is there have been about a trillion shots of brice Canyon so its hard work to make them yours.

True. The same is true for Arches NP. Both parks get around a million visitors a year. That makes the challenge to find shots that many do not get. My problem is I have bad knees. So getting up from the amphitheater would be very painful. So I am limited to areas like the Rim Trail, which makes getting unique shots challenging. So in order to find shots that are not the standard tourist "Kodak spot" photo, I like to get off of the beaten path and go to places like Devil's Garden or Valley of the Gods where many people do not go. If we had had a proper 4 wheel drive vehicle and not an all wheel drive, I would have gone to other places in the Escalante area that are more inaccessible.

Thanks for the comments though. I do like to pay attention to the quality of light and look for aspects of the surroundings that others may not appreciate.

Jay OC's gear list:Jay OC's gear list
Nikon D7100 Leica CL Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Leica Vario-Elmar-T 18-56mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow