Selling images on your own website? Best way for beginners just starting out?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jungleexplorer
jungleexplorer Regular Member • Posts: 416
Selling images on your own website? Best way for beginners just starting out?

So I have had my website for a while now. It's gets a decent amount of traffic. It is set up more as an educational website where each photo is showcased on it's own page along with information interesting or scientific information about the photo (plant, insect, animal, etc) I have long thought about offering the photos up for sale in case someone wanted to use the photo and remove my watermark. But I have no idea about how to do that.

It seems to me there are three options.

1. Simply tell them how much I want for the picture and have them send me a paypal payment, and then email them the picture.

2. Host my images on a sites like iStock or Shutterstock and link to the sale page for the photo.

3. Sell them through my site with some sort of digital media store (not clue how to do this).

Obviously I want to make as much as I can for my pictures and it seems to me that selling them through iStock or Shutterstock, I will only earn pennies per sale.

Advice is much appreciated.

-- hide signature --

If God created it, I take a picture of it.

jungleexplorer's gear list:jungleexplorer's gear list
Pentax K-r
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow