DXO is stuck in the past

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lassoni Contributing Member • Posts: 507
DXO is stuck in the past

I recently trialed new DXO PhotoLab or whatever it's called, hoping that it would be the true "Lightroom alternative" (I'm in search for good editor + DAM , without subscriptions) and at first it looked really promising.. until I hit the shadow adjustment settings.

You know what's sad? I remember reading about this stuff 2-3 years ago on dxo forums, how the ppl wanted better shadow lifting formulas (DXO OpticsPro 9 was the version), as the existing ones made the images ugly. The blacks and shadow sliders are useless when it comes to lifting shadows. They were hoping version 10 would be better.. nope, didn't happen. Same stuff.

Is there really not enough competition between Photo Editors, or why does this not bother DXO enough to do something about it? I'm sure anyone who compares lightroom blacks/shadows to DXO can see it instantly that one's a useful tool and the other's is not usable at all. Heck, you don't even need to compare it to anything to tell that the DXO's are not usable for lifting anything, they mess up with the contrast so bad that the picture becomes terrible.

It's sad cause the new PhotoLab seems to have some of the other stuff pretty good, but this feature they didn't bother getting up-to-date.

Lassoni's gear list:Lassoni's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow