Rick Knepper wrote:

JimKasson wrote:

Rick Knepper wrote:

JimKasson wrote:

Rick Knepper wrote:

Hamiltionian wrote:

wuzup wrote:

Hi Jim,

Thanks for confirming my beliefs in the immutability of math. I'll try to square that with what I am seeing.

+1 for the immutability of math and physics.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if camera equipment and users complied precisely and with repeatability with the laws of math and physics?

They both do, although with users that becomes a metaphysical discussion and there is built-in lack of repeatability in the laws of physics.

When I was designing electronics systems, and they weren't working right, and someone would say "That's impossible" I would remind them that the electrons were always right.

Jim

Camera equipment is not the precision equipment we want them to be (at least not the level of precision we want our surgeons to be working with) otherwise we wouldn't talk about (bemoan) "sample variation" so often. That's because humans design and build them AND most importantly, operate them.

But you were talking about physics, not engineering.

I was talking about the results of applying math, physics, engineering and any other discipline that goes into the production of camera equipment including human operation after the fact which is what I believe the discussion is really about.

That is quite different from questioning whether they "complied precisely and with repeatability with the laws of math and physics?"

Only in your mind.

Have you an example where they don't? You may be in line for a Noble Prize.

If that's the case, how about that example? The Nobel committee awaits...

Seriously, you are saying that math and physics are wrong.

Nothing could be further from the truth. What I am saying is knowing math and physics is not going to get one's photography done at least not in a major way.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. A counterexample which shows where and how they're wrong will do it.

Jim

-- hide signature --

Once you've done fifty, anything less is iffy.

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Pentax 645Z Canon EOS 5DS R Fujifilm GFX 50S Pentax smc D FA 645 55mm F2.8 AL (IF) SDM AW Pentax DA645 28-45mm F4.5 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow