x100t - Travel in Thailand (2018 review)

Started Oct 13, 2018 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
doni Contributing Member • Posts: 829
x100t - Travel in Thailand (2018 review)

I bought this camera a while back to serve as a small travel camera some time back.

I like to travel light and while the D4/D800 are great cameras, they are cumbersome for travelling light across the world.

Years later, the x100t has aged REALLY well. It still produces some of the best pictures out there. Comparing them to my other gear is an exercise in futility - it is a camera made for travel, and it excels at what it does.

My recent trip to Thailand got full use of the x100t. It is a beautiful country that is very picturesque (instagramable!).

Pros: great IQ, easy transfer to phone via wifi, easy to use (point and shoot!), light, small/compact, full manual controls.

Cons: For non-prime lens shooters, shooting a prime (and only 1 option since its not interchangeable) may have a learning curve. Ergonomics are different than a standard camera (standard for me means a work camera which means a full body DSLR).

From the samples below, it excels whether at the beach, temples, or jungle!

P.S. - Thailand is beautiful! We finally visited after finding out my ancestry and I was 10% Thai. We will definitely be back!

Soapbox: Please do NOT ride elephants or support businesses that make elephants perform. These are extremely cruel, inhumane, and abusive. If you want to see elephants, please visit and support a local Elephant sanctuary. This was taken in the Phuket Elephant Sanctuary - a place where they take care of older elephants who had a rough life being abused in the logging and tourism (show and elephant riding) gigs. It is a great resting / retirement place for these wonderful beings.

-- hide signature --

...in matters of grave importance, style not sincerity is the vital thing - Oscar Wilde

doni's gear list:doni's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D1H Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Canon EOS 5D Mark III +11 more
Fujifilm X100T
16 megapixels • 3 screen • 35 mm
Announced: Sep 10, 2014
doni's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
good
Action / sports
acceptable
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
good
Studio / still life
good
= community average
Fujifilm X100T
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow