Problem with Coolpix P1000's card reading

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Booted Cat Regular Member • Posts: 140
Problem with Coolpix P1000's card reading

I'm a Coolpix P1000 customer in China who has a problem with P1000's card reading and found difficulty getting this problem recognized by Nikon's Shanghai Service Center. I'm trying to elevate this problem to a higher authority at Nikon. If anyone can help, thank you in advance!

My problem concerns with P1000's difficulty recognizing two SanDisk Ultra 16GB UHS-I Class 10 48MB/s cards at the first time it is turned on every day. I have to turn it on several times to get it to recognize these cards.

Detailed problem history:
I had a P900 for 5 months this year (April to August). The P900 came with an SD card (see specs above) which I had used with the P900 during these 5 months successfully. Then, in this September, I sold my P900 and bought a P1000, which came with a new SD card (in the same specs). At first, I continued to use the 5-month-old card with the P1000. After only a couple of days, my P1000 started to fail to recognize this card at the first time it was turned on every day. I formatted this card with P1000 and the problem persisted. I then swapped in the brand new card that came with this P1000, and initially the new card worked fine. After about 10 days, P1000 started to show the same problem with the new card. I then realized that this is not a card-specific problem, but a problem with my P1000's card reading function. I sent my P1000 to Nikon's Shanghai Service Center, and they tested the P1000 with a new card and found no problem, and they decided that my P1000 had no problem. Actually, my P1000 (or all P1000s) might be problematic with any new card after 10 days of use or so.

I hope a higher authority from Nikon can pay attention to this problem and order the Shanghai Service Center to provide a new card reading component for my P1000. If the new component also produces the problem, it would mean that all P1000 card reading components have a design/manufacturing flaw that needs to be addressed. The above-mentioned 16GB 48MB/s card type is a very popular type of card (at least in China) - almost all camera stores will provide one such card as a gift that accompanies each camera they sell, so not supporting such a mainstream card could be a serious problem with P1000.

Regards,
Booted Cat

Nikon Coolpix P1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow