Pro-100 maiden voyage: Can I initialize with Refilled geniune Canon carts?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Platypus Studios New Member • Posts: 8
Pro-100 maiden voyage: Can I initialize with Refilled geniune Canon carts?

My brand new Pro-100 is about to come out of its box but before I set it up, I have a question. Jtoolman in the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WERGx22IkY warns about initializing a Pro-100 using carts other than the ones that come in the box stating that there is information that gets transferred to the printer  from the cart chips.

Should I understand his warning as " do not use non-Canon carts when you initialize" or "you must use the carts packed with your printer" on its maiden voyage?  If the initial set of carts are refilled but genuine Canon empties with chips, is that okay?

In preparation for owning this printer, I have purchased two sets of empty genuine CLI 42 carts and the Precision Colors refill kit.  I flushed the carts and am waiting for the refill kit to arrive.

I was particularly impressed by the matte b&w prints that Jtoolman made using the ICC PC profile (great dmax) over the Canon profiles and wanted to start out printing with the PC ink and profile.  I am sitting on a stock pile of Canson Arches printer paper that I purchased at pennies on the dollar many years ago and want that deep black.

TIA and kudos to Jtoolman for his willingness to share his insights.

Bob

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow