Am I the only one / mirrorless

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Battersea Contributing Member • Posts: 667
Re: Am I the only one / mirrorless

T3 wrote:

williams359 wrote:

I would like a mirrorless camera in the body of the 5D Mark 4 . What I mean by that is I like the size, I like the feel and I like the controls. I would like a mirrorless camera in that body so all my lenses just fit without adapters. I don’t want anything that is smaller and I am very happy with the weight . Am I the only one or do you all want it to be smaller and lighter than the current 5d range

About 8-9 years ago, I was using a huge laptop with a 17" screen. It was the Gateway P-6831 FX. I loved it at the time. It had a big keyboard and even had a number pad. The thing weighed 8.9lb. I was quite happy. At the time, I don't think I ever wanted anything smaller. And I was fine with the weight at the time.

These days, I use a 13" MacBook Pro that is much smaller and a fraction of the weight, and I am much happier. I still have that old Gateway laptop, but it just seems enormous (in size and weight) these days. I would never go back to using something that size. Likewise, I now feel the same way about large DSLRs. After using mirrorless, they just seem too big and heavy now. It just goes to show that the mind can change. We get used to a certain thing and think "this is all I ever want." I'm not saying that everyone can change in the same manner. Some people just aren't as adaptable. But for me, I've seen the change in myself. I like the size and weight reduction in camera gear (now having experienced it a while), even though I probably would have never thought the same thing years ago.

I can't say much for the size of future mirrorless cameras, but maybe some 3rd party manufacturer will design heavy steel weight plates that can be added to the bottom of cameras for those who like heavier weight. That seems like a good solution for people who like heavier cameras, and you could even customize the weight to your preference.

Nobody wants more WEIGHT, we like a certain size to have comfortable controls and handling yeah a 5DIV size that weighs nothing would be ideal.

Battersea's gear list:Battersea's gear list
Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow