DaCarb New Member • Posts: 5
Replacement to my old GH1

Hi,

quite some years ago I bought what is listed as my current gear

* Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 with the kit lens
* Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS

to later add the

* Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH

I used to do a lot of phography related to family events (young nephews) and my travels, but over time I've been decreasing the amount of pictures I take and how often I use the camera (changes in how I just experience my travels but also less family events and boys grew up). Basically, despite I still enjoy taking pictures I just use it much less and when it's not with me and I just use the camera in my smartphone.

However, I took the camera with my in my last travel last September, and in that trip I did fall while holding the camera in my right hand. In addition to getting a broken bone in my right hand the camera also got some of the impact.

The current state of the camera is: it is working and operating, the 14-140mm lens seems to be ok but the cover of the microSd card is gone, the display is mainly broken and some other minor problems. Amazingly still working.

I got a little bit of extra income (around 800 or 900 €/$ aprox) and I'm considering whether to use it to get a replacement for the camera. Since I'm just an amateur guy who used to take photos I am not really aware of what products are currently available and which are their pros/cons.

Which camera would you recommend me and which are your reasons?

Thank you very much in advance for your opinions and knowledge.

Regards

David

DaCarb's gear list:DaCarb's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow