Top display purpose

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
bhollis
bhollis Veteran Member • Posts: 3,850
Re: Well. I am confused....

tommiejeep wrote:

Just went to Photography Gear Exhibition locally. Nikon was the big player. Was able to handle and shoot; Z7/Z6, 24-70 f4 S, 35 f1.8 S , 50 1.8S , FTZ with 70-200 2.8E FL, 300 f4 E PF and 105 f1.4E. Cool. No memory card but I would take shots of a bridal Couple Hired models dressed in trad. Black suit and White Bridal gown with the Z bodies and then my Sony a7iii. Sony required some tweeking but not a lot in it.

OK, when powered off the top display was totally blank. The Rep ( a long time Nikon Pro for Nikon India and I went through the menus and changed settings but top display remained blank when camera switched off.

The top display turns off when the camera is turned off. Why would you want it to continue to be on? Would just drain power unnecessarily. (Surprised Nikon rep didn't know this.)

Any advice on which setting? We could change the lighting of the screen and there is no way to bring on the light (in the dark) by using the off/on switch.

I was very impressed with EVF and auto ISO and Auto WB, Funny but the a7iii , which I had with me, fit my hand better since it as Lim's leather half case. My son, also a good photographer felt the same otherwise the Z cameras felt great and loved controls and menu access.

Decisions

bhollis's gear list:bhollis's gear list
Sony RX1R Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Nikon Z7 Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow