6DMKII metering modes?

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hcphoto New Member • Posts: 1
6DMKII metering modes?

Hey guys,

I got a 6DMKII to rent for the weekend (I'm currently a Sony shooter, used to shoot with a 6D) and i've got a question about the metering modes. I shoot cars, and have been told cameras nowadays are pretty good with correct exposure as far as shooting in evaluative, but some people do shoot in center weighted average metering mode. My question is, when does the camera actually expose? I've read a few sources (even one on here) and I'd take my time but I only have this camera until Monday next week so I need quick answers. Say if I'm shooting in CWA, expose for my subject in the center of the frame, with the focus points in the dead center of the frame, and then recompose while shutter is held halfway down, does the camera re-expose for the center of the frame after I recompose, or is the camera still exposing for the subject I originally put the focus on? Even with the Sony it's difficult because [the earlier] Sony bodies don't have CWA and the focus points are so much larger in comparison with Canon and Nikon's focus points. TIA!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow