Q: how do you copy v. large VIDEO & PHOTO archive NTFS files?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
EE-TV
EE-TV Contributing Member • Posts: 588
Re: v. BAD NEWS - back to square zero

jpr2 wrote:

BAD NEWS... I had a bit too high hopes hung upon installing the Kubuntu. So much so to shifting my focus to worrying about a huge cost of user's GUI customization there.

Unnecessarily - the very same OP problem with copying is present there also, alas .

And to make things even more complicated: it's presence there is obfuscated by the fact that disks' writes there seem to be done by a delayed action in a background. So when an actual freeze do happen... the cause and the effect are not immediately obvious.

So, back to square zero, & with the law of always diminishing returns operating in full force = I've run out of ideas to check !

jpr2

Have you tried a different File Manager? Nemo for instance? I had similar situations where one would stall, the other seemed lightning fast.

Ironically I found abilities to delete stubborn files unable to be moved (even found, yet they appeared visible) because of error messages in Windows such as "file name too long", "file does not exist". Try a different File Manager.

-- hide signature --

Bringing to light, Exposing what is
--------------------

EE-TV's gear list:EE-TV's gear list
Nikon D5500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Tokina 11-20mm F2.8 Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow