XF 10-24 f4 in 2018

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Optimus Prime Lens Contributing Member • Posts: 651
XF 10-24 f4 in 2018

I had hoped the XF 8 -16 would have been affordable, for me. However it's just not going to happen. Well, maybe second hand in a few years..... I had stopped looking at the 10-24 in anticipation of the newer lens. However I'm now looking at it again and was wondering how it fairs in 2018. Most of the reviews are from around the time of launch. FujiVsFuji mention it's focus speed was improved greatly by the 'new' X-T1. I was wondering if it has improved further with the X?2/3.

To those of you that have the lens, how does it perform out in the real world? I appreciate if you want 10mm it's the only option but I was a bit concerned about its low light capabilities being 'only' f4. I like to cover low light eventualities, or at least lower light. Does the OIS in the lens mitigate for the loss of a wider apature? I like street, architecture and family photos the most. Astro, landscape and portrait too, just not 'everyday'. I'm looking for a nice travel combination, as I'd rather be mentally with my family rather than changing primes. I'm considering the 10-24 to compliment the 16-55 2.8, along with one f1.4 prime.

What are your views on this and the lens with 'todays' bodies etc? Thank you.

OPL

Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow