Started 3 days ago | Questions thread
Len-O Regular Member • Posts: 317
Re: X-T2 Aperture on front dial??

GKN wrote:

Len-O wrote:

GKN wrote:

dv312 wrote:

voila

Many thanks for the response but this seems to refer to a different camera …. my X-T2 manual just shows the option of F.S.S or S.S.F for the Command dials …. or I'm missing something!....

There is an "aperture setting" in my Button/Dial setting menu, but its greyed out

In the menu just above the greyed out "Aperture Setting" you should see *Aperture Ring Setting (A)* select that and you will have options *Auto* (default) and *Command*. Select *Command* and the aperture control is added to the front Command wheel when in *A*. However, there is no free lunch as you also have to go into the menu and set the Front Command Dial from ISO to Aperture. That way you still get to use EV Comp when set to *C* and toggle to aperture.

Personally I only find this useful with lenses without aperture markings such as the 18-55mm. So I usually just use the defaults.

Thanks unfortunately I don't have the "Aperture ring setting (A)" option under the wrench>button/dial setting menu. My X-T2 is on firmware version 4.20

Oops! Sorry for giving that information, that is part of the X-T3 menu.

Len-O's gear list:Len-O's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow