This is controversial but I need to ask

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Old Timer63
Old Timer63 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,676
This is controversial but I need to ask

I see a lot of images on the forum, most are good with great composition and content (far better than I am producing nowadays) But! I see a lot of images that fall short on image quality (mainly detailed) and some over saturated.

When I look at my images on the forum they appear more or less what I see on my computer, reasonably detailed with provia colours.

I`m not that technical nowadays but am I seeing the results of a different refresh rate from country to country on the monitor or am I uploading images at far different resolution to others and gaining an advantage?

I am certainly not going to link to any images that I`m not happy with for sure 100% for obvious reasons and I would accept the difference if it`s not just me because it doesn`t do any good to rip people`s expectations to bits but when I see images from certain members I know before opening them that they are going to be good so it sort of negates the refresh rate difference.

Although I`m knocking on a bit I`m lucky to have a wife 15 years younger than me with eyesight that a bald eagle would like to be looking through and she will often bring me a cup of tea at the computer and sit down for five minutes and she has been remarking on a very similar basis.

I`m not talking about every subject matter where the content and /or composition is the main thing about the image but more images where more detail should be there.

Is it just me? if it is then fine but some opinions from others would be appreciated.

Dave

-- hide signature --

I feel so much better now that I've given up Hope

Old Timer63's gear list:Old Timer63's gear list
Fujifilm X-T10 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow