Quick test with the adapter and 50/1.2 EF

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Robert Boyer Regular Member • Posts: 180
Quick test with the adapter and 50/1.2 EF

Got my adapter today with the control ring... just did a quick couple of tests. Works great... also ZERO issues with any of my Profoto AirRemotes (obviously the non canon specific remote worked fine) but the AirTTL-C works fine as well as the A1's...

AirTTL-C initial exposure via TTL then switched to manual.

1 x D2 in 4ft RFi octa

1 x B2 with grid on background.

1 4ft x 8ft hunk of white foam-core camera left...

2 x fluffy white towels.

Yes it's a take on Testino... a side project.

I haven't measured but the 50/1.2 might be faster on the R via adapter than 5D4??? More later as I use this lens a lot. I know these are NOT challenging conditions for the sensor but they are for focus on a lot of mirrorless. I purposely set the modeling light on the B2 in the background on full and the modeling light on the D2 (main light) OFF so it was completely back lit in virtual darkness. This ALWAYS flubs up most of the mirrorless cams I've tried/had/used. In fact my Fuji's have a 50/50 chance of giving you a green box when the focus is actually WAY behind the subject the box is on (eye). The R was perfect EVERY TIME and crazy fast. As in faster than my 5D4 in this circumstance with the EF.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow