Multifaceted Rant - Printing, Paper, Frames

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mrdavie
Mrdavie Forum Member • Posts: 51
Multifaceted Rant - Printing, Paper, Frames

1. Oh, I think I'll buy this 13 x 19" box of paper from Red River. Love the Ultra Pro Satin.

2. Let me find a reasonably priced picture frame. Oops, local stores don't sell frames for 13 x 19 paper unless I want to put a mat around it, but i don't. I ordered frames from an unnamed online source only to find the backing is corrugated cardboard and the frame was about 1/2" in width. They did not look professional so I returned them.

3. Ok, I have these nice 12" x 18" frames from Bed Bath and Beyond. The backs are masonite with several swivel clips to afix the back. That makes it easy to take the print in and out to remove all specs of dirt or whatever from the face of the print and the inside of the glass.

4. But wait, I am going to print a 12 x 18 on 13 x 19 paper? That means I have to get the mat knife out and do some trimming.

5. Ok, so let's start printing. OMG there is a difference between paper size and output paper size. And, so what happened is I set up the print for a 12 x 18 and the printer zoomed the size to fit on a 13 x 19 sheet! It took about  two hours trying to figure this nuance out between paper size and output paper size. Unless I print every day all day I am going to forget this and it will bite me in the backside when I least expect it. I also have to worry about forgetting to save the current settings in Lightroom print module or forget to save the settings at all.

6. I hate being a perfectionist. It has always annoyed other people and now it's starting to irritate me too!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow