Epson 2880 Black Banding Across Entire Image

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rhbphoto New Member • Posts: 1
Epson 2880 Black Banding Across Entire Image

I have an Epson R2880 that has been in heavy rotation for a number of years.  The work printed on this printer has been equally matte and photo black, so a lot of cartridge swapping.  It was serviced once to have the pads/sponge replaced and overall cleaning.  After a spell of not using I started printing with it and used the various utilities prior to printing.  All was well, and I got 20-30 13x19's out of it and then massive black bands across the entire print and also with the various utilities to clean.  Any thoughts?

Some suggestions have been to park the ink carriage over a damp Windex cloth to clean heads as well as a flush of the black lines by q tipping and eye dropping water in.

I have also come across some thoughts that this problem is "The black bands of death" where heavily used printers swapping out matte/photo black often wear out the head, which is not really replaceable. I would just junk it if not for having a inventory of ink.

Any help appreciated.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow