DxO PhotoLab vs Lightroom vs CaptureOne

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
tokumeino Senior Member • Posts: 2,320
Re: DxO PhotoLab vs Lightroo vs CaptureOne

Digital Nigel wrote:

[...]

Volume deformation is a consequence of the wide angle. It's not a lens fault, and is different to lens distortion. Consequently, no lens is free of volume deformation.

Thus, the Laowa wide angle lenses have exactly the same wide angle volume deformation as other lenses.

The volume deformation is very apparent in these Ken Rockwell sample images:
https://kenrockwell.com/tech/laowa/12mm.htm

He could have easily fixed it if he had been using DxO Viewpoint.

I fully agree about the principle, and I also agree that Viewpoint is super nice. Since geometry is immediately visible, I also think that it is much more important than Prime or such. I just cannot understand how people can be so picky about microscopic and invisible details, and not care about obvious things even visible at 320x200 !!

When it comes to gemoetry control, I would say that DXO-VP > C1P >> LR, with the opensource solution Darktable roughly like C1P. Whe you own a mirrorles or a compact camera with integrated profiles, LR forbids you to disable the profile and take advantage of the whole sensor surface !!

tokumeino's gear list:tokumeino's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Canon G7 X II +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow