GFX- What I have learned so far w/63

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
wuzup Contributing Member • Posts: 793
GFX- What I have learned so far w/63

Now, this is my opinion and based on field testing:

Hey, It's my camera and I can have an opinion. 

1. To get a sharp shot every time, I need to be, at minimum, 1/250 sec. if handheld.

2. Nailing focus is critical w/GFX. You really can't expect DOF to save your butt at all. Probably because of the big files. Shooting 35mm, however, on the street at 25 mp at f/11, zone focusing, etc. does work. I see though why Sony has worked so hard to develop their eye focusing sysrem in the A7 series.

3. Depth of field is really shallow even at f/11. This finding makes me think that owning a 24 mp camera with a small sensor like those little fujis might be a good idea. Depth of field would be much better. I also now understand why GFX people are always talking about tripods and tilt shift devices.

4. I am now just starting to make prints for exhibition. I have decided to go back to my view cameras for landscape work because, like Ansel, I am addicted to front to back sharpness. And I like to study and take my time with images before I commit them to captured photographs.... and yes, I know it is possible to take 30 shots+ and join them up, but that does not stop the wind.

... to be continued, maybe.

Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow