DxO PhotoLab vs Lightroom vs CaptureOne

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 18,807
Re: DxO PhotoLab vs Lightroom vs CaptureOne

Digital Nigel wrote:

Zeee wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

Zeee wrote:

Editing on the road. I travel with a laptop and when I get home I merge the travel catalogue to the master one on the iMac. DXO has no catalogue so I would just move my files from potable ED to the powered one where all my files are stored. When I open DXO on the iMac will my edits be retained?

Yes, all the edits are stored in the DOP sidecar files (one for each RAW file you've edited). If you copy those along with the original RAW files to the iMac folder, PhotoLab will see and use them.

Thanks for the info. If I use it when I travel I'll turn them back on.

I must admit that I wasn't aware it was even possible to turn them off. Without them, where would DxO store the edit instructions?

It is for exporting and importing. I just edited an image, shut down and restarted DXO and the edits were retained. I looked through the Mac libraries and I cannot see where it is being saved.

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow