Canon 60D - Strange Malfunction

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jatin Sindhu New Member • Posts: 10
Canon 60D - Strange Malfunction

I was in Paris the other day and was shooting with my 60D. Some of the photos that I took have artifacts while some others seem to have been recorded in a lower resolution (though the file shows them being recorded at full resolution). Some had no problems at all.

Later in the day the camera died on its own without any warning. I removed the memory card and the battery but couldn't resolve the problem. Later in the evening it showed error 50 once and then died again.

I recharged the batteries overnight and had no issues with the camera the next day.

What could have gone wrong or is going wrong?

Some of the samples are attached below. Straight out of the camera.

Artifacts near the top left corner of the Arc de Triomphe and in the details. Visible also in the vapour trails in the sky.

Photograph clicked moments later without any changes to the settings. Artifacts are still present though lesser in quantity.

Photo like it should be. No artifacts. All photographs clicked within a few minutes of each other without any changes to settings.

File at the proper resolution. Proper capture.

File resolution is what it should be but the image has not been captured in that resolution. No details.

Canon Error Code 50 on CPN is as follows

Err 50

Description: A malfunction related to the electric control has been detected.

Resolution: Turn the power off, then remove and re-install the battery. Then turn the power on again.

Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow