Photoshop got a reprieve with me...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Carol T Contributing Member • Posts: 632
Photoshop got a reprieve with me...

So, probably not of much interest here, but what the hey, maybe someone will find it interesting.

So, for the last two years I have tried to find a replacement for Lightroom (Lr), partially with the goal of dropping my Adobe photo plan, and partially because I seriously hate Lr. I spent weeks trying out various raw converters last year, and tried Affinity Photo (AP).

The only raw converter that I liked better than Lr *and* that gave results as least as good was Capture One, for which I cannot justify the expense (perhaps if I was single...).

I intensely disliked AP, and kind of gave up on it. I love Photoshop (Ps), and to me $10/mo even just for Ps is an awesome deal (I think the last perpetual version cost like $800? So, a LOT of years to come out ahead vs the subscription, and that is if you never updated...and at some point it is no longer supported.) In the end, it didn't matter as I couldn't replace Lr.

I went through the same exercise this year, and this time found a raw converter than will replace Lr for me, especially since I am not doing anywhere near as much photography. I spent more time working with and researching AP, and actually would up liking it a lot, and it would do what I currently need to photo editing, though there are a couple of glaring holes I have to work around. So, I was going to cancel my Photo Plan at the end of the month (it renews in September).

Then, I got all interested in digital art.  And after trying several programs that are dedicated to digital art rather than being photo editors that will *do* art (Ps), and spending quite a lot of time with two of them, and doing a lot of research on how to resolve issues I have with them, it turns out that Ps is the best digital art software for me. So, looks like I will be continuing my Photo Plan, but not using Lr, and most likely not using Ps for photo editing, lol. Don't tell Adobe, I don't want them to start charging me $20/month instead of $10!!!!

Carol

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow