Why won't a7riii take a photo on a tripod?

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Selene Contributing Member • Posts: 855
Why won't a7riii take a photo on a tripod?

I am sorry that I keep asking stupid questions on this list, but I am finding that there is a bit of a learning curve with this camera, and I don't know anyone who has one to ask about what to do when things go wrong.  I was in the Alabama Hills looking at Mt. Whitney when the SpaceX appeared suddenly coming over Mt. Whitney in all kinds of weird colors. I had no idea what it was, so grabbed my camera, which was set up for long exposure milky way shotts (iso 5000, f 2.8 (Zeiss 18), and 25' shutter speed). I actually was able to handhold the camera and get an oK shot at those settings, but tried to put camera on a tripod to take picture. Camera wouldn't fire. I couldn't get it to fire to take Milky way shots either, but it worked fine hand held, but with obvious shakey results.  What am I missing here? I don't even know where to look to figure out what was up. I have used the camera on a tripod before with no problem.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow