Faster Way of Moving Single AF Point Around Viewfinder on Z7?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TreeForest Forum Member • Posts: 69
Faster Way of Moving Single AF Point Around Viewfinder on Z7?

I usually shoot in single point AF with my D850. Moving the focus point around with the multi selector is quick enough that I can easily do it even if I have to start from the center each time.

With the Z7, I have been experimenting with Pinpoint focus, which is smaller than the usual single focus point.

The problem I am having is that the Z7 has more focus points so it's extremely slow (compared to the D850) to move the pinpoint focus around the viewfinder. It takes a long time to get from the center to an outer focus area.

I have tried the option that allows using only half of the focus points, and I have turned on the option to save vertical and horizontal focus points. It still seems slow.

Are there any other options I should be aware of as far as speeding up the movement of focus points around the viewfinder? For example, an option to change the focus point movement speed or a way to save some preset focus points?

I have shot with many DSLRs and never felt like moving the focus point around the screen was time consuming until now.
Thank you.

Nikon D850 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow