Canon 5d Mark IV from a Videographer

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Steliosfan New Member • Posts: 12
Canon 5d Mark IV from a Videographer

Dear all,

I'm currently working as a videographer for weddings (vimeo.com/stelvisual) and my main cam is a Canon 5d Mark IV with my main lens Sigma 18-35 f/1.8

The main reason for using this lens is the smooth zoom, smoother than anything else currently out there and the great image quality.

I'm using only sandisk CF Cards (256GB and a couple of 128GB) as they are reliable and i get no buffer stops at all, never.

HOWEVER, my problems are

1. I'm missing stabilization. My manfrotto monopod is ok, but when i want to go handheld the results are terrible.

2. I don't want to shoot 4K all the time and the camera has no option for Crop mode in HD. My main lens is crop

3. No tilt screen. Self explanatory.

Is there something out there that can provide the auto focus accuracy and intelligence, the same image quality, in body stabilization, availability for crop modes and credibility of no overheating etc ?

Thank you all !

Steliosfan's gear list:Steliosfan's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow