A7RIII high iso horizontal banding question (picture inside)

Started Oct 9, 2018 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
valkyrie743 Junior Member • Posts: 44
A7RIII high iso horizontal banding question (picture inside)

Hey all. currently have an A7RIII. was doing some indoor late afternoon, early night shots of a family members birthday. i noticed some horizontal banding mostly in the shadows. i was shooting with mechanical shutter (with e first Curtain on) i was inside like i said and the house has many dimmer lights in it. after seeing this i went back into the room and took a test shot of my cat with full mech shutter and still see it. if you look at the right of the image you can see it.

shot this at f/4 , 1/50th , iso 128,000

i know that these cameras can sometimes show banding because of the phase detection AF on the sensor but not sure if this is because of that or because its from the indoor lighting? i thought that if i shot with full mechanical shutter that i would not have to worry about crappy indoor lighting or am i missing something??

I wanted to know if this is an issue with my camera body it self and i should have it services or is this normal

f/4 , 1/50th , iso 128,000 A7RIII with Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 indoor shot

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow