Need a super high-resolution printer.

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
danteri New Member • Posts: 2
Need a super high-resolution printer.

I need super high-resolution printing for a projector project. I need help on a printer and settings.

I am taking an image that is about 3/16” and putting it in a projector. The end projector image will be about 24”. I have an Epson 1430 that I am using for other projects, and tried it for this project, but the print is not detailed enough. The Epson 1430 claims it prints 5760 x 1440 DPI. I would like to get the detail about 3 times greater.

For the image I am using a US flag. The image resolution in 3000 x 1684. I used the website letsenhance.io/ to bring the image resolution to 12000 x 6736. I zoomed in on the picture, and the lines are much better defined using the enhanced image. I wanted to raise the image resolution to make sure that was not the week link.

For transparency paper I used a generic inkjet transparency, and also tried Apollo transparency film for inkjet printers, universal, quick dry, but don’t see much difference between the 2.

To try to improve the print quality I purchased a Canon Pixma iP8720 which claims to have a print resolution of 9600 x 2400. The print on this may be a bit more detailed the Epson 1430, but the print quality was very splotchy.

The color quality on both printers is fine, resolution and printing on a transparency are more my concern.

The program I am using is CorelDRAW.

It does not matter to me if I use an inkjet or laser printer, and I will be printing on 8 ½” x 11” pages, so I do not need a large printer.

Thank you for any guidance for a printer to meet my needs, and any possible settings I need to do on my software.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow