What R Lens Do You Look Forward To???

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Robert Boyer Regular Member • Posts: 177
What R Lens Do You Look Forward To???

I pre-ordered an R for two features which I am reasonably sure will help me out with shooting my TS-E EF lenses under a few conditions (something I do A LOT). The rest of whatever it does doesn't do will be a we'll see. The other other thing is in a particular style of portraits/life-style fashion work I do here and there (not every day but more than I would imagine most part-time photographers make pictures). Specifically shooting VERY close, fairly wide, and wide open at larger apertures the focus point spread will help things go quicker and produce a better hit rate for some compositions.

Other than that we'll see...

I ordered it with the R 24-105 just ummm, cause. Don't really "need it" but it's one of those work horse lenses that honestly sees far more use than you ever think it will. Heck my original ancient 24-105L I forget when I even got it (at least a decade) has been hanging around ever since and even now gets use when it makes things VERY convenient. I figured why not even though I don't have a specific designated use for it at the moment. It will probably end up hanging around for another decade and see use on another 2, 3, 4 bodies.

The lens I am most looking forward to in all honesty of the announced lenses is the 35/1.8. Why? More of an emotional thing. Every couple of months I take a bit of a road or train trip with just one camera and one prime lens and to be candid it's refreshing and I think/hope the 35/1.8 and Canon R with a couple of batteries will be just great for that. Yes I have other cameras I do that with but end up missing the wide-open look of FF at those focal lengths on occasion. I've used a Canon 5Dx with the 50/1.2 a few times for that indulgence but it's a bit bulkier than a film 35mm and prime.

Of lenses not announced it's hard for me to say what I want to see since I am currently enamored with that 35/1.8

What about you?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
M19
M19
Hej
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow