Storage & transport of prints?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
confused circle Senior Member • Posts: 1,567
Storage & transport of prints?

I purchased a 24x36 portfolio and the same size archival methods tissue. I've been placing smaller (most 11x17) matte prints between sheets of tissue, and also just added my first 20x30 platine style print last night. This is all essentially for testing, as I am doing this to see how things pan out, willing to risk the damage in moving the portfolio around. These are also all early prints for me and this printer, so it's learning the printer, paper, and settings as well.

I have to say, things are not holding up all that well when moving things. I have had ink fleck off of several prints. Very small specks, but nonetheless loss of ink with a corresponding white dot left behind. Co-workers commented on not being able to notice the specks, which is good, because I was planning on gifting them these test images anyway. Most are coming off the printer very nicely, though I seem to have a bad roll with white spots right off the bat.

I have also just ordered mats, backing boards, and clear bags from redimat. And I am planning on t-hinging the prints, nesting between the mat & board, and bagging them to see how that holds up. Anything else I should be doing? This isn't so much about cost as it is about space taken up while moving the prints, and number of steps in moving them. I don't know if individual boxes would be better than the folio for security and stability for moving several prints together over any sort of distance. Perhaps the tissue just isn't good for interleaving between inkjet prints.

confused circle's gear list:confused circle's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Rokinon AF 35mm F2.8 FE +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow